- I had to get up at six to get the big kids to my Grandma's by seven so that I could install car seats in her car and make it to Seth's Neurology appointment by 7:45. I am not a morning person.
- It soon became clear that Seth was still under the weather when he stared like a zombie into the distance the entire ride. He has been sick for days. DAYS. This must be a killer cold. It's going to take us all out.
- As if that wasn't enough, at the appointment he refused to do anything but sit facing me on my lap with his head on my chest. Wouldn't look at the doctor, wouldn't respond to her at all. He screamed bloody murder through the exam then fell asleep on top of me.
- Luckily, the Neurologist was still able to get a reasonably good idea of where he's at.
- Not so luckily, she has some ideas about what's causing his issues, and I don't like them. At all.
- Seth will be going for an EEG and possibly an overnight sleep study to look for a type of seizures soon. Waiting for the hospital to call with a date since he has to be sedated.
- Also, the Neurologist is of the opinion that he does not have Ataxia, but instead a mild form of Cerebral Palsy. Without MRI, though, it's hard to say for sure.
- I'm withholding judgement at this point, but I am not a fan of this theory.
- Then I had to drive back, trade carseats again, and make a run for the dreaded killer cough medicine. I broke down. He had to have it. It was a super fun trip that had a little bit of everything. Seth snotting all over the other customers, shrieking every time I tried to touch the cart to, you know, MOVE it, and moaning randomly otherwise.
- We came home, and Seth's fever shot up to 103. I spent the afternoon with him acting as my personal electric blanket on the couch while Ava, Jace, and Evany played.
- When John arrived for his visit, he picked Vivi up and said he thought she might be a little warm.
- I am obviously Mom of the Year for failing to notice that my youngest was also running a 103 degree fever.
- So I'm a winner, in other words. The prize is two sick kids hacking all over me. Score!
- So we spent the evening holding sick babies. Two sets of hands can be a good thing, and thank goodness I didn't leave before we realized Vivi was sick, too.
- Luckily for them, even when they're sick and trying to make you sick as well, they're still cute. Germ infested, but cute.
5 hours ago